Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Lucy Kathleen Fingland

Well we have survived 2 weeks...barely! At times we might look a little dazed, like "what in the world are we doing?" Kind of like this...


Just wanted to send a quick update now that I've had 2 nights of a (little) bit longer of sleep and a new feeding plan in place. I have some new 1-2 week old photos here too
https://picasaweb.google.com/kfingland/201103Lucy12Weeks?feat=directlink

We've been struggling with breastfeeding and her latching on properly. Basically she doesn't latch on properly and therefore gets barely any milk from me. I've been having to pump and give her a bottle after nursing at every feeding for the past week. Then when she only gained 4 oz in a week we had to start amping up the amount of breastmilk in the bottle, and we go back on Monday to see where she is at. We also made a new schedule of Bryan giving her a bottle for some of the night feedings, so I can just pump for 10 minutes in bed and get some more rest/sleep. We have to feed her every 3 hours until she gains her weight back. She was at 6.14oz Wednesday at the lactation place, and then gained 2 oz as of Thursday at the pediatrician and is now back in the 7.0oz territory. No turning back!!

When we haven't been occupied with feedings/weight gain/pumping/washing bottles we've been enjoying all of her quirky little faces and noises. She's such a cutie and we can't stop talking about how pretty/adorable/loud farter she is! Ok, so you think I joke at the last one, but she is the biggest pooper and tooter ever. In the most lady like of ways though of course. Gotta go rest/watch some basketball. We are having some visitors this weekend so it will be nice to catch up with some people in the "living world"!

Love,
The Fingland's

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Obviously, I love her. Thanks for the update and all the pictures!

Mom of 2 Boys said...

Congratulations, Finglands! She is just beautiful & I love her name. Hang in there...it gets better.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy