Katie was barely able to sleep, which meant neither was her spouse.
The clothes were all washed and folded with care,
In hopes that Baby Fingland soon would be there.
The nursery was clean, new sheets on her bed,
While visions of rocking and reading to her danced through our head.
With Katie in her maternity clothes still, and Bryan putting together baby gear,
We waited and waited for Baby Fingland to get here....
Well that pretty much describes all we are doing now...WAITING! We had a great week here of wonderful weather which made me so happy for Spring and now even spending Summer with our new little one in tow. I had a couple contractions (I think) throughout the week, but not much else exciting. Our midwife appointment on Tuesday went really well, Jules is very reassuring and once again made us excited for the whole process. We got the copy of the on-call schedule, since there is always a doctor/midwife on call, and we will be with whoever is on call that time. Baby Fingland was (and hopefully even still) head down, heartbeat was good, and all was well. Our next appointment is this Friday, the day before her "scheduled" arrival date. We'll see how timely she wants to be.
Other than that, just requesting a few prayers/thoughts this week as we head into the final stretch. My eye is still not 100%, and I still get congested at night. My regular doc suggested taking another round of antibiotics this time in the form of ointment, but I kept asking if there is anyway to tell whether or not it is viral or bacterial (the pink eye that is), and they said no. It is fine during the day and just gets watery during the night, along with my dry nose/throat. According to WebMd (I know, but sometimes going to all these doc appointments is annoying!) my symptoms sound like the viral form, which antibiotics will do nothing for. And, since I already took 7 days worth of antibiotics, I really don't want to do a whole other round of them. So at the moment, I am just praying and keeping it clean, and seeing if I am allergic to anything in our bedroom! I figure once she comes into the world, I can try the ointment if it still isn't better and go from there. My biggest concern is that I don't want to give it to her as a welcome to the world present! Thanks for the thoughts ahead of time, and for letting me vent...I get frustrated when I don't know how to get rid of these things! Also, if you could send some positive thoughts our way that all goes well with labor, that would be much appreciated :). I think I've finally come to peace with it all and am ready for whatever happens now, rather than being ultra terrified. A good feeling!
We'll see if this is the last blog post without pictures of her! For now, enjoy some pictures of our new lighting we got for the nursery. We're off to keep the house tidy just in case. Who wants to come home from the hospital to a dirty casa? Not us! ;)
Thanks for reading all these weeks and for sharing in our excitement. Not too much longer hopefully!
Love,
The anxiously awaiting Fingland's
0 comments:
Post a Comment