Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 37: Hey Colorado, where's the sun!?

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

Well, we have made it to the month of February. Kind of crazy thinking that her due date is in this month! This week has been a rough one health wise. Not only did we get below freezing temps (-30 windchill got us 2 "cold" days off school), but I got stuck with my cold again. After going back to school on Thursday, I also got the "gift" of pink eye as a welcome back. This meant I had to take off Friday, thus working only 2 days this week...weird! I went to 2 doctors appointments Friday (our OB office and my internal med doc) to get 2 opinions on my eye. My internal med doc had more time for me and talked me through that the pink eye could have been viral from my cold, or bacterial from a student or someone else who had it. Since they couldn't determine which, and the swelling was pretty bad, they put me on some antibiotics. It is less swollen now, and the white is beginning to return today, so I'm extremely thankful for that healing. I was a little nervous about taking antibiotics, seeing as though I haven't taken anything medicine wise during my pregnancy, but they reassured me that it would be fine. Now if the cold would just finish it's course too, I'd be ready to focus on this upcoming labor!

Speaking of the labor, we had our 36.5 (we are off on the days with our weekly appointments) week midwife appointment on Wednesday. Baby Fingland's heart beat is still good, my blood pressure is still good (with all my appointments I got it checked like 5 times this week!), and she was head down still. I took my Group B Strep test, but won't see the results until this week. Our next appointment is this Thursday, at 37.5/38 weeks!

Even though this week was rough, there were a couple highlights. One, I got some more cloth diapers, different types, colors, patterns--so fun! They are finished being washed and ready for her little bum.
We also got our Target and Babies R Us shipment from fulfilling some things off our registry--lots of cute blankets, grooming kit, etc. I ordered my baby sling I finally chose--the Baby K'tan--off amazon, which I can't wait to try out and use. And finally, we went to Real Baby yesterday and got our Ergo carrier (which I'm so excited for) and her baby book! We filled out 2 pages last night and are going to keep filling some out each day. I think we are finally at a point where we don't have to buy any more baby items until after she comes and are like "whoops, we completely forgot about ______".

Hope everyone has a great week and I hope next week when I post I will be in much better health! I'm off to nap and blow my nose :)

Love,
The Fingland's and the WATERMELON (HOLY MOLY) on the way

Here are some pics of Bailey enjoying the new snow of this weekend...

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Watermelons are HUGE. The cloth diapers are adorable. : )

kfingland said...

Haha I know Brenda! I'm hoping she is just a tiny organic one, instead of one that was amped up on pesticides. :) And I think they are so adorable too, maybe it will help make her poop and pee more adorable as well...one can hope, right?

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy