Happy 36 weeks! Our title this week refers to our 35.5/36 midwife appointment we had on Wednesday. Basically, they said if she comes from here on out, they're not stopping it! Kind of crazy to think that we're at this point already!
We are at weekly midwife appointments, and have one this Wednesday as well. We were told last week that she is head down (hoping she stays that way!), her heart beat was strong (~145bpm), and my blood pressure is still really good (110/62). I've been trying to eat well, drink lots of water, and keep walking or doing weights as much as possible to keep my blood pressure in check, since I've known a lot of people who have had issues with it. We also got to ask some more questions about the birth, which led to her asking Bryan if he wants to help "catch". Bryan is just getting comfortable with cutting the cord, so we shall see what happens in the heat of the moment and what his decision is. :) We have our next appointment Wednesday, and the Group B strep test then. Requesting prayers for a negative result, so I don't have to take antibiotics during labor! I will post again this week if anything exciting happens at that appointment that I can't wait to tell.
Other than that, we had our last Bradley class Wednesday as well, and it was a bit sad. We loved the class so much and learned so much from it. We are thankful for finding it and having such a great teacher. I have typed up our birth plan and she is going to look it over, and I also made a "cheat sheet" for Bryan as the coach of things to remember, and it references which page number things are on in our workbook. Our hospital bags are all packed, except for last minute items! We also started fulfilling some of our registry items that we still needed, leaving some for after she comes. We are both ready to be done buying stuff for a while, and can't wait to get our shipments in these next 2 weeks! The BOB stroller has the infant car seat adapter all set up on it, and we purchased our car seat and bases this weekend too. Getting excited! I keep telling my elementary kids at school that her "birthday" might be February 26th, unless she decides to come early or late. Hopefully right on time, I like that option :) We keep thinking about different scenarios of what she'll be like, and what we'll share with her once she gets here. For instance, this morning I was already getting excited about dressing her for her first March Madness tournament with her KU (and MU) gear. Important life moments!!!
Trying to stay warm here as I gear up for a "cold" day tomorrow, no school!
Love,
The Fingland's
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment