Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 33: It's beginning to look a lot like a Nursery...

...or it's also beginning to look a lot like "there must be a baby coming soon" around our house. Thankfully, we have a door on our nursery so I can just close it after putting all the piles of stuff in there to control my nervous organization tick for the time being. This weekend was a nesting extravaganza, as we finally had time to catch up on all the stuff looming over last week.

Let's see we now have: pulls on the dresser, a brand new chair rail around the nursery courtesy of my handyman Bryan, curtain rods and hung blackout curtains courtesy of Grandma Fingland, a laundry basket full of clothes to be washed with tags/etc. removed, an 18x18in finalized canvas with that quote I posted a few weeks back, a cleaned out/organized bathroom closet with 2 open shelves and under the sink storage space ready for baby stuff, our birth wishes/plan written for the hospital and midwife, and baby shower thank yous done and ready to send! WHOOSH, and that was just baby stuff! I can't tell you how good it feels to have the Christmas decos down and the place vacuumed too!

I had a midwife appointment this Friday, and it went wonderfully. We brought in 2 pages of questions and asked her some (figured since we're going so often now we didn't want to jeopardize ALL her time). We felt so reassured with all of her answers, and feel really blessed to have this team of certified midwives, and the hospital, to help us with our wish to have a natural birth. After talking with them, and taking our hospital tour on Saturday to pre-register, our philosophies and priorities seem to align really well with both the midwives and hospital. It kind of all fell into place, and we couldn't be more excited now! Also, she showed us where our baby girl is located (back, feet, head, etc.) and as of now she is head down. Her heartbeat was strong, and when she moved her heartbeat increased--a good sign and something they look for! I am measuring at 32cm for 33 weeks, so about a week "behind". She said it has been consistently that way though, so no worries about growth. My favorite part was when she asked if I had any swelling, and lifted my pant leg and was like "oh look, you still have ankles!" Haha, I check for them every day just to make sure too! :)

After such a great appointment, I am really looking forward to the whole birthing experience, while still being nervous too. It's so much better though because before, I was just nervous! Also, after cutting tags and prepping laundry for all her adorable clothes, I've decided that one of my favorite things will most likely be picking out what Baby Fingland gets to wear each day. I can't wait!

We will post a finalized nursery pic (crossed fingers) in a couple weeks! Here are some close up of finished details though, and our sweet stroller!
Mattress!
Chair Rail and Curtains!

Dresser with Pulls!

Bryan taking the BOB for test drives in the basement.

Lots of love from snowy Colorado,
Bryan, Katie, and the Honeydew (love this one!) Oh, and lots of scrunches from the big sis to be--Bailey. She's been so good and is keeping Daddy to be company in the nursery, and naps with Mommy to be on the couch!

2 comments:

Mom of 2 Boys said...

Katie-I am a friend of Kelly W's and am enjoying reading your blog. (I noticed we always seem to comment on her blog posts & found your blog that way.) Actually, our husbands used to work together...small world! Anyway, just wanted to wish you luck as you get closer to this little girl's arrival. What an exciting time!
-Marigny
PS: We have the BOB Duallie for our boys & LOVE it!

kfingland said...

Marigny-
Thanks so much for the thoughts! I've talked with Sean before at the Waechter's but have never had the chance to meet you. Hopefully we can all get together soon with all these kids around :)

Glad to hear you like your BOB! I already love using it and she's not even here yet! It's getting closer...thanks for thinking of us!

Katie

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy