Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 34: Getting closer...

First, I wish every weekend was 3 days long. Just think of how much more we'd be able to do and get done and rest...one can dream.

This week I came down with my first sickness since being pregnant, a wonderful winter cold. Bleh. Thankfully it came towards the end of the week so I've been taking lots of naps, using lots of kleenex, and have finally mastered the neti pot since it relieves my stuffy head headache without having to put any meds through to Baby Fingland. I am hoping to knock this out soon and be able to talk normally and breath easy again.

Better news this week, our friends James and Kelly had their baby girl, Annabelle on Monday! We dog sat their lab while they were at the hospital, and Bryan luckily got to go see them and hold her on Thursday (I was under the covers trying to not be sick anymore--boo). I can't wait to meet her and am excited for baby Fingland to already have friends around :).

Other than that we have been diligently working on the nursery and house. I am going to go out on a limb and say that by the time I post next week, the nursery will be DONE. Finito! Terminado! I was organizing it tonight and am in love with it. It came together so well and the finishing touches will be easy to put on these next few days. Big big props to the daddy to be, he has worked his butt of getting everything ready for his little girl. Between refinishing the dresser, putting together the crib, hanging the curtains, putting together the shelf organizer, painting the storage cube, hanging the artwork, hanging the mobile, painting and putting up the chair rail, and of course, installing new tamper proof outlets and a better light switch, he has been amazing! Wow, writing it all out just wears me out, we are lucky to have him around! We are looking forward to celebrating his birthday next Saturday, and I have already told him it is going to be a "baby free" day.

I am also looking forward to our baby shower next Sunday, with some great Colorado friends. It is going to be at our house, so I'm really excited about not having to pack a car full of baby stuff again :). After that we just are going to pick up any items on our registry still, and then RELAX and enjoy some (hopefully) down time before the little one arrives. Who knows though, if she comes early that "RELAX" statement might become completely irrelevant! My next midwife appointment is at 35 weeks, January 26th, so I will keep you updated on any news or progress.

Just getting excited that we see the light at the end of the nursery tunnel, and a day or two of relaxing is in the forecast. It's been a little harder to sleep as I feel like a rotisserie chicken at times flip flopping so much. A good night's sleep these days means 1 trip to the bathroom and only 4 times flipping! How things have changed...

Hope you all are well.
Love,
The Fingland's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy