Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Week 32: New Year, New Life!

Happy New Year! 2011 is gearing up to be a a "game changer" as we prepare for baby Fingland to get here SOON! In fact, the past 2 weeks, I've had some slight freak out moments thinking about all the things that are upcoming: finishing all the preparations in the nursery and house, going to the hospital, giving birth, if I will know what to do with the baby once we get her home, what if they are wrong and she's a boy, not a girl...you know, really rational things, well most of them! It helped that on the long drive back to Colorado, Bryan scribed an excel to do list while I drove.

I am feeling pretty good, excited to get back into a routine this week. As the belly is getting bigger, my back has been hurting a bit, and by the night time it is uncomfortable to sit up and find a comfy position anymore. But so far so good.

We are going to start creating our birth plan this week in Bradley class, and are still on track to try our darndest to have a natural birth. Regardless, we've really enjoyed our classes so far, and feel like we know so much more than we ever thought possible about the whole process! We've gone over so far: at least 7 different relaxation techniques, numerous positions to alleviate pain during contractions and to give birth in, the details--pros and cons--of all medical and hospital interventions (my favorite and most interesting class!), and the various stages of labor and how I will be feeling and acting during them. We have also started saying our due date is March 8th, a week from our given due date, since we learned that the average gestational period is actually 41 weeks, not 40. That way, if she's early, it will be a pleasant surprise! Overall, I think each Wednesday it brings Bryan and I closer together, and reinforces that we are a team and can do this. I just have to remind myself of that every other day after Wednesday! :)

We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's, and got to see our family and friends. It was weird saying goodbye knowing that the next time we see them, I won't be pregnant anymore! Looking forward to the weekend so we can organize...the nesting has kicked in FULL swing and I don't even want to be at school during the day; just at home organizing! New belly pics this week, and next week we will post some pics of our new baby gear we've been testing out. Our BOB stroller is already getting tested in the basement!

Lots of love,
The Fingland's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy