Sunday morning I got up and got ready for church with my mom, and this thought ran through my head "I can just wear this ok outfit today and no makeup, since no one knows me at that church". Whoops, I should have taken a note from my Eagle Scout husband and "always be prepared". After church my mom left for "Walgreens" and I thought I was going to the Fingland's to help soon to be Aunt Blair with "decorative boxes" for her coworkers. Was I ever wrong. What greeted me were about 30 or more friends and family shouting SURPRISE. I was completely shocked, then realized, "oh no, I'm going to be so hot in this outfit and it's not my shower dress and I have no makeup on". It turned out to be amazing, and everyone involved did such a great job--at decorating, cooking, planning, AND keeping it a surprise! Even including Bryan, who has known for months and not even a hint at spilling any beans. I'm still amazed! Pink and orange decorations were plentiful, the cake was delicious, and we might have to rent a u-haul to take back all of Baby Fingland's stuff. (I joke slightly on the last one, because knowing Bryan, he will want to spend at least an hour configuring the perfect way to fit it all in our trunk, and keep his "expert packer" status alive.) Some gift highlights:
-Lots of books! Little girl is going to be reading at month 1!
-A wardrobe of pink and orange clothing, clothing, and more clothing!
-Our crib mattress and cover! Yay! She has somewhere to sleep now!
-Our pack and play
-Our BOB stroller, which is already put together by Daddy Fingland in Colorado and waiting for me, I mean, the baby, to test it out!
-Some of our cloth diapers
-Bouncy seat
and so much much more! We are so blessed to have such giving and caring family and friends and yesterday was just an overwhelming reminder of that. Thank you again to all those who organized and attended, I loved it. Baby Fingland also kicked and turned all night long, so I think she enjoyed herself too!
I can't wait to organize all her little things in her room, which is coming together! The dresser is almost done:
The name canvases are done:
And her mobile project has been started:

We are looking forward to relaxing and enjoying our last baby-less Christmas break these next weeks. Let the sleeping in begin! I will report all of our learning next week since I couldn't help but share all the shower details with you this week! So fun!
Lots of love and Merry Christmas!
Bryan, Katie, Bailey, and Baby Squash Fingland
0 comments:
Post a Comment