The month of June was a busy one for our family, and filled with a bunch of firsts for Lucy. She was baptized on June 12th, and had lots of family in town to celebrate the special day with her. Friends and family gathered after church and continued the celebration while Lucy took some naps :)
After that we did our first road trip to St. Louis with Nana and Poppe. Although the ending got a little rough, Lucy was quite a trooper on a 14 hour car ride. She started her first night in St. Louis with a new trick: spinning! Although I was extremely exhausted after that car ride, I know which way I had put her in the crib. The next morning she had done a 180 and kept her swaddle in tact, completely confusing me! When she kept doing it though I realized what she was up to.
She loved hanging out and meeting all new people--family and friends. She was great at being passed around from lap to lap and giving her cutest smiles. I don't think I fed her but 3 times the 2 weeks we were there! Lucy also got to attend some very special events: her Uncle Brad's wedding and her Poppe's 65th Birthday party. She posed just right for all the photos at each event and we can't wait to see them! Bryan and I danced the night away at Brad and Mandy's reception while Lucy had her first sleepover at Nana and Poppe's. It was our first night away from her but we had a lot of fun!
Lucy loved meeting new dogs too, Tiger and Finn. They entertained her just like her sister Bailey does. After 2 weeks of fun, we headed back to Colorado, this time by plane. The first part started off a little bleh as she was awakened from her nap through security...after that though we discovered rocking chairs at the Lambert Airport! More nap time! She did wonderfully on the plane and it worked out that she was eating for the take off and sleeping for the landing. With lots of smiles and squealing in between time! They gave her a certificate for her first flight and a set of airplane wings :). I added some photos and a video from the travels to the "Traveling Lucy" album. The rest of the photos will be in her 4 month album.
It was sad to say good bye but it was so great seeing friends and family, and sharing Lucy with everyone. We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives and now Lucy's life.
Don't forget to check out her 4 month update below and new pictures in the album (click on the photo on the top right to get there).
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We loved meeting Lucy! The pictures in her 4 month album are adorable. Her baptismal gown was beautiful! Also, I couldn't help noticing the guy across from you on the plane in the video covering his ears. lol!
Happy 5th anniversary!
Haha I noticed that too! ;)
Thanks for the anniversary wishes, hard to believe it's been 5 years!
Post a Comment