Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

16 Months and Lucy in the Lou

Sorry for the delay!  We went out of town to St. Louis right after Lucy turned 16 months.  Here's a recap of both.

Lucy at a glance:  
16 Month Likes: coloring all day long, playing with paint chips from Lowe's, dancing, playing hide/seek, reading, climbing on all furniture/playgrounds, giving kisses and hugs, babbling with her pointer finger out to give instructions to all dogs, stuffed animals, dogs, going on walks, going to her music class, running her tongue over her 2 new front teeth, walking around with her purse on, sitting on steps, throwing things, eating whatever you are eating/drinking.
16 Month Dislikes:  ear infections and yucky tasting antibiotics, getting her face/hands cleaned after eating, sitting the proper way in her stroller.

Favorite Songs:  "Baby" by Justin Bieber--and yes she tries to sing along.  This happened because I was singing it at 5am on the way to the airport in Florida, and she loved it and kept wanting more! "I Shake My Thumb" (from music class),Patty Cake, and any radio song that has a good beat.  I've been hesitant with the kids music because Bryan and I both go stir crazy with it, but have recently found some great Pandora "family" stations that we all can enjoy without having to have Lucy dance to "I'm Sexy and I Know It" (however, when it comes on in the car and you see her bouncing in her car seat, it is quite funny).  We've also been taking a music class and learning some new dances, playing with instruments, and singing. 

Word/Signs List:  signs for: more, alligator, hot, all gone, water/drink, up, kisses.  chats up a storm with:  mommy, doggie, daddy (when she feels like not calling him mommy), uh-oh, baby (thanks Bieber). go, here, more, boo, cheese, shoes (which both end up sounding like chssssssss).

Favorite Story of the Month: While eating one day, I was making faces at Lucy and she was cracking up.  I finally would do a "serious face" then laugh, back/forth.  Lucy tried it out too and loved it.  Now, Lucy has her own "serious face" and will do it whenever she hears you say "serious".  In fact, I was in conversation with my parents and said "seriously", then looked down and Lucy was making her face.  She's smart that one :)  Oh, and luckily I caught some pictures and video of it so you can enjoy too. 

She had a good time with her family in St. Louis, despite getting a bad ear infection.  She was out for at least 3 days of not wanting to eat, play, or get off of mommy's lap, which was a bummer.  Unfortunately we also lost her stuffed alligator from Florida that she sleeps with while running to catch our early 6am flight in Denver, but thankfully the St. Louis zoo had the same one (only smaller).  A good trip overall and we are excited for some more visitors in Denver soon!
We also finished a couple projects we've been doing around the house, some for Lucy, so I decided to start posting those on here too every once in a while.  Hopefully I'll get some of those going and some more random posts of summer events with our family that we've been up to along the way.  New pictures from our trip and the past month are posted too, enjoy!

Lots of love and hope you're enjoying the summer,
Finglands
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy