This past week was fun and exciting as we dove into the realm of "Stuff for the Baby". Grandpa and Grandma Fingland came into town on Thursday for the long weekend. We headed to Rocky Mountain National Park on Saturday, and got to take my 15 week belly photo "off site" for the week. (I'll add the new pic each week to the album on the upper right).
After spending a day in the mountains relaxing, we decided to spend a day in the frenzy of shopping for the babe. We went to 3 different stores on Sunday, just to start to familiarize ourselves with what's out there (A LOT, that's what!). The first, we received the very informative spiel on how these "new" cloth diaper systems work. We have been really interested in trying that out and it seems like it would save tons of money. So that was helpful and gave us an idea of what we need in order to go that route. The next store included the best product names ever found. Among them were "Hooter Hiders" for nursing, and "Pee Pee Tee Pees" for all the "wee wee" (fabric cones for changing boys). I also found the cutest puffy gray vest for a boy, and amazing brightly colored tutus for a girl.
Finally, we headed to the Babies R Us superstore. It was a bit overwhelming, but we narrowed in on looking at cribs and rockers/gliders. We really would like an upholstered chair that is small sized and a rocker/recliner. However, Bryan has become "Goldilocks", only that no chairs fit just right. Too small, too short, can feel the rungs, doesn't work right...oh the joys of being married to a tall engineer. Double whammy! Of course, the only chair Bryan has liked is the crazy expensive one found at the boutique store, so I will be stalking Craigslist for one just in case.
Also, our nesting has officially started. Grandpa Fingland helped Bryan remove the built in desk from the downstairs office, which will now become the extra bedroom. Grandma Fingland is going to help us paint it, then move down the furniture so the nursery will be a blank canvas! I have picked out the bedding officially, and am now working on wall colors. We also ordered our bedroom furniture (finally), so we will have nightstands to put baby toys and bottles on in the middle of the night. Super excited! I will take some pictures and post next week to show all the changes. Hope everyone is well.
Love,
Tight Pants, Goldilocks, and the little Orange (what a great color! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How DO the new cloth diapers work? I am very interested!
Oh Marissa, they are quite the system! I will have to school you while in person...I have to use my hands to talk/show the action of how to. Haha.
grandpa and grandma fingland! that threw me off when I first read it!
Post a Comment