Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 18: Happy Fall!

This week of pregnancy involves a lot of favorites...favorite number (18), favorite(one of many) food: sweet potato, and my favorite season, Fall. (Although in Colorado, for some strange reason it doesn't want to go below 88 degrees, ugh.)

Week 18 was spent doing more of the same, constant researching for baby gear. This week however we started looking into birthing methods and classes. We are looking into the Bradley Method and have some teacher recommendations. We also had another appointment
today, and met our first midwife at the practice, Julie. Our office has certified midwives and OB's, that work closely together. Both are always on deck at the delivery area in the hospital too. We talked to her about the Bradley Method, and just the difference between midwives and doctors, because we had no clue. Basically, she said midwives approach the birth as a natural thing happening to you, rather than a disaster waiting to happen. Also, they are there with you for more of the birth process. I absolutely loved her too! She was super nurturing and that's what I've been looking for. A lot of the doctors we've met so far, with the exception of one, have always seemed so rushed. I'm hoping Julie and Dr. Sweeney will be on call at the time of our delivery :). We are leaning towards sticking with Julie, since the Dr. said I am not a high risk and would be a good patient for a midwife.

We also got to hear the heartbeat of Baby Fingland, but no new pictures. It was going strong at 152bpm. In 3 weeks, we have THE BIG ultrasound. An hour long, taking all the measurements, and of course, finding out the gender if we are able. We are really excited
and have marked the date--Tuesday, October 19th! Be ready for some phone calls!

I am hoping that any day now I get to feel the little one move around. I keep thinking I feel it, but then I'm not sure because I have no clue what it really feels like! We also made it out to see some Aspens in their Fall glory this weekend, so be sure to check out this web album while you're looking at the new belly pic this week...http://picasaweb.google.com/kfingland/201009FallLeaves#. Gorgeous! Posted one below as a preview!


Happy Fall!
K, B, B, and the Sweet Potato

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy