Oh, and I think that means we finally decided on this bedding(boy or girl) from Land of Nod:http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=167&f=3916 We'll just accent it with orange (boy) and hot pink (girl).
This week we also went to a "Just Between Friends" consignment sale--very large, full of stuff. However, since we haven't done our research yet on strollers, carseats, etc., and don't know the gender yet, it was kind of pointless being there. Until we found the book section. I absolutely love children's books and illustrators, and we both want to read to our kid, so we got really excited that we finally found something we could buy for the baby at this moment in time. Giving Bryan a list of authors/illustrators/titles to look for, we set forth in diving into the whole book section, scouring it over for deals. And boy did we find them! 20 or so books for 30 dollars! Including some favorites: 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' (board book and hard back), some Curious George, 'Green Eggs and Ham' and 'Horton Hears a Who', and much more--all in great condition! We celebrated by reading a couple of them that night to the baby, who now at 17 weeks can hear sounds outside the womb.
So, as Bryan studies for his PE (Professional Engineering) exam, the next month should be full of me starting some research on what to buy (bottles, strollers, car seats, rockers, and so on!). We are hoping to register towards the end of October/beginning of November, and I know Bryan is counting down the days until he gets to do this!
I will keep you updated on when we find a crib/anything on Craigslist too! :) Hope you all are doing well. The 2nd trimester has left me feeling more like myself and with lots more energy, except I still can't stay up past 10 anymore. Regardless, it is still good to be feeling better than the first trimester, and I've been blessed to have a pretty smooth pregnancy so far!
Lots of love,
2 crazy parents to be, the onion, and a dog who can't wait for more hands to pet her!
(Fun Facts on Week 17 Development: the bones are hardening and becoming complete in Baby Fingland. Gotta get in my calcium! Also the little one is somersaulting, rolling, and moving his/her joints now. Only a couple more weeks they say until I will feel all this movement. Can't wait!) Belly pic Week 17 uploaded in the photo album up top.
1 comments:
Love the bedding and the paint colors! Also, I'm glad you're cool with used books. I found a set of Dr. Seuss books for the babe- The Eye Book, The Nose Book, The Ear Book, and The Foot Book. Feel free to tell me to stop buying things for your child; otherwise, it will probably happen forever.
Post a Comment