Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Beginning...June 25, 2010

Welcome to our new Baby Blog! We hope to keep our family and friends updated on the latest and greatest happenings with Baby Fingland through this blog.

Bryan and I found out that we are expecting on Friday, June 25th, 2010. We had company in town (soon to be Uncle, Brad), and were getting ready for a true Colorado adventure--a
weekend in the woods backpacking and camping. Little did we know we'd start a whole new adventure that weekend also! I took the pregnancy test Friday morning, as we were leaving that afternoon. Being the planner that I am, if I was pregnant, I wanted to make sure the Dr. would be ok with me being at the altitude of the hike, just in case.

After the news at 6:30am of a positive test, Bryan and I were thrilled and of course, a little freaked out. We ended up telling Uncle Brad that night around the campfire at Piney Lake in Vail, CO. The next day, we went backpacking to
Deluge Lake, which ended up being a 6 hour, extremely steep, uphill battle for me. I swear that it was the pregnancy. I would NEVER have sat down, cried, told Brad and Bryan to go without me, or got mad at Bryan and made him carry my pack if I hadn't been pregnant! Promise...

We all survived the weekend and were exhausted yet excited at what was to come.

Piney Lake. Vail, CO
Deluge Lake. Finally at the top!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy