For those who know me well, you know already that I'm a neurotic planner. So you will be just as shocked as I am when I tell you that lately I've been in a "Baby Daze". I haven't made any lists yet, haven't really had many practical decisions on what needs to be done by February, or moved any furniture in the soon to be nursery. Maybe this baby already has Bryan's laid back personality! We have, however, had a wonderful collection of "deep thoughts" that are so ridiculously random I have to write them down so we remember them. And, since no "deep thought" would be complete without mentioning Jack Handy, that's where the title of this post comes from. (If you don't know who Jack Handy is, or his thoughts, you need to go here pronto: http://thinkexist.com/quotes/jack_handy/ )
Deep Thoughts, Discussions, and Decisions we've had so far:
-We might not have a crib picked out, but we have scouted out the best Baby/Kid hiking carrier packs from REI. Who needs a crib when you can sleep in a cool carrier while enjoying the mountains?
-We are both certain that we are not ever going to be the pet owners of: rats, hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, mice, etc.; even if our kids begs for one.
-While working out the other day, I was really pumped up by my running/workout playlist, as usual. This got me thinking about labor and how, since it is pretty much going to be the hardest workout I've ever done, why not have my workout music with me? Forget relaxing music, I want the music that helped me run 2+hours and pushed me up trail runs in the scorching heat! No worries though, I will have Jack Johnson on standby in case this idea fails miserably...
-ONE wonderful practical thing is that I already have a baby sitter/licensed home day care lady lined up for next school year, and hopefully the last 6 weeks of school in the Spring! She is a mom at our school and watches other teacher's children, so I am pretty excited about our rational thinking on that one and getting it accomplished!
-I have the greatest art project ever planned out for whenever Baby Fingland starts walking (even though he/she's feet are just developing still). It came to me one day and I can't wait to use it!
-We know (and most of you do too) that if it is a girl, her name will be Lucy, since I've had this name on reserve for what seems like forever! However, we had a boy's name picked out and now I keep going back and forth. So now I've begun the hunt for a backup, just in case.
-This past week while talking about maternity leave, Bryan and I realized I will be home during March Madness. Talk about timing!
Well, although there are probably many more I'm forgetting, that gives you an idea of how our first trimester thoughts went. Maybe now that we are entering the second trimester, this "renewed energy" I am supposed to have will kick our butts into list making gear. In fact, we went to Lowe's last night and got a bunch of bright colored paint swatches. See, we're getting better already...
Love and random thoughts,
Bryan, Katie, and Baby Fingland
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment