Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Our First Doctor's Visit and Spilling the Beans

July continued to be a month of visitors, and our first Doctor's appointment was scheduled during my parents' visit. We had also just had our 2 nieces, my sister and brother-in-law, and 2 nephews out for the weekend as well. Needless to say, if I hadn't been worn out from the first stages of pregnancy, I would have been worn out from all the visiting! We planned on telling everyone after the first Dr. appointment, but some very good detectives spoiled those plans!

First, my nieces were out for a week on their own with just Bryan and I. While I was taking one of my many naps, they had played "spy", and discovered my stash of pregnancy books from the library. They were really good at keeping this secret--we didn't find out until a week or so later that they had known!
Also, the night before my sister Suzanne, and brother-in-law, Gary left, Sue just asked me right out if I was pregnant. It must run in their family because both her and her daughter had scouted out the secret! They left the morning of our first appointment, July 20th, 2010.

At this appointment, we were expecting that I was 6 weeks along. We also were planned to do an ultrasound since there had been some spotting, just to make sure things were ok. The ultrasound was the first thing we got to do, and it was amazing. It turned out I was actually 8 weeks along, and there on the screen was our 1.65cm baby! I guess it is still too early to tell if it will have Fingland height, or Morrell [lack of] height. We also received news that Baby Fingland's birthday will be on *or around* February 26th, 2011. Save the date!

We also were able to see the heart beating at about 170bpm, and make horribly wrong guesses as to where the head was. (If you said 'Right', then you win!) We scheduled our next appointment and left the office with more information and brochures than we knew what to do with.

After a day of not being able to read all the information and still keeping it a secret from my parents, we decided it was time to spill the beans to them. We went out to dinner at Colterra, north of Boulder, which was a beautiful farm to table restaurant. Here is the hilarious video of how we announced the news to them:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that on the second 'attempt' at taking the picture, mom-morrell was still saying cheese. But I love dad-morrell's reaction "What? Huh? What happened?" Hilarious! Nice picture-posing everyone. It would have been a great photo.

Weegie5 said...

That is a great video! I wish we had thought of something like that when we told our parents. Great idea!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy