Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week 24: Checking things off the list...

This week (or rather weekend) was a busy one! We got a lot of things checked off our baby list including: painting the nursery (nice work Bryan!), finishing the registry (see separate post), taking a tour of the new hospital delivery wing, and wrapping our heads around our system for cloth diapering.

The nursery is painted! We chose a subdued lime color (matched to the fabric swatch or our bedding) on top, and a gray brown on bottom. It will be accented with the turquoise/bright blue from our bedroom swatch, and even (yes, ge
t ready) dark pink. We plan to put up white chair rail and have white furniture too. I took a pic of the color scheme, but it might not look right on the screen. We are happy with it though and I can't wait to find our crib, furniture, and make lots of decorations for the walls! (The color scheme pic is below, but it was taken with my phone so not the best. I didn't get a picture of the nursery painted during the day, and our lighting isn't the best at night so I will get one soon!)
The wall colors look a little dull in the photo, but you get the idea.

Also this weekend was the hospital tour. We went to a tour this early (and will go again in January to pre-register) because Exempla Lutheran, which is 5 minutes from us, just did their grand opening of the new labor and delivery wing. It was amazing! We are so lucky we get to deliver here and that they spiffed it up just in time for us ;). I have lots of pictures from the tour, and I put them in our "Baby and Belly pics" album so you could take a look. Sorry if some were blurry, tried taking them on my phone while moving since I didn't want to get left behind on the tour!

Finally, we start our first Bradley Method class THIS Wednesday. Seems so crazy that it is finally here and the classes will probably make things even more real. I am already starting to have worried thoughts now that it is hitting me that she is going to be coming out soon, and I have to do that, no turning back now! :) Haha. Meanwhile, Bryan wants to pass the time by training for a half marathon. Oh how different we are.

We will give you an updated on how our class goes next week! I will be posting another entry tomorrow morning if you want all the juicy details of our registry! I'll send out another email with it tomorrow. I thought I would end with some fun facts since I haven't in a long while...

By week 24, Baby Fingland is about a pound, and almost a foot long (this could vary depending on whose genes she takes on in the height department).
Her skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. I've also read that her taste buds are continuing to develop, and the more variety of food you eat while pregnant, the more they will be willing to try out of the womb. I've been trying to eat super healthy, but I must say that my sweet tooth is back and I have daily conversations with it, trying to overcome it :).

Love,
Bryan, Katie, Bailey and the Papaya

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy