Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Week 25: Ladies and Gentleman, we have a crib...

...and a dresser/changing table, and now a MILLION plus one ideas and projects to finish for the nursery! We finally dove in, bought a crib, and even have a back up crib in case we get that one and don't like it (whoever decided it would be a great idea for an uber planner + an indecisive guy to prepare for a baby, obviously wasn't thinking too straight...). Not only do we have a crib on the way, but we picked up a dresser from the Habitat for Humanity Outlet for 60 bucks, and Bryan is super excited to start priming it, painting it white, and then we get to pick out the new knobs (the fun part!). Bryan was also obviously not thinking too straight when he said after finishing taking the PE exam "I'm going to have to find a project or something to occupy my time".

We also have an upholstered rocker and ottoman in the works from Craigslist, if we ever have time make the trip down to Castle Rock (45min away). It might need a slipcover, but it looks like it is in great condition. Nursery progress never felt so good! We also are planning on making (mostly Katie, with Bryan's input and handyman help of course): a mobile, a quote/picture canvas thing, canvases for her name, a magnetic alphabet wall (thanks Brenda for that blog link again, it gave us the idea!) http://blogs.babycenter.com/life_and_home/not-your-mothers-magnetic-letters/,curtains, and a growth chart. We will see what all gets done, but I have a feeling as this cold weather settles in and the belly grows, I'm going to have a lot of couch time to occupy! Plus, this is the FUN part. Bryan is excited because his fun part is getting tools and putting up a chair rail :).

We also started our first Bradley method class last Wednesday. I must say the 2.5 hours seemed to fly by, even though it was during my sleepy time of 6:30-9. We learned a lot about this natural method, got exercises and relaxation techniques for homework, and even got to test them out together. By giving us exercises to do at home, she likened it to saying you are running a marathon in 9 months, so it would be crazy not to train for it. We both could relate to that one so we did our homework right away! Bryan is the most diligent coach and constantly reminding me to do them. My favorite story however from our first class was when we went around and introduced ourselves. After the women did most of the talking, the men would say "I just want to be here to support her, I am here to learn all I can to be able to help, etc." AWW, so cute! Now, Bryan's turn: "I'm here because I am hoping that I can support her, but I'm hoping this class will help her learn how to accept my support and coaching." We got lots of laughter instead of "awws" needless to say.

Wow, sorry for writing so much! Got excited at all that happened this week. One last thing, we had a doctor's appointment today and everything looks good! They started measuring my belly now, and the centimeters should correspond to how many weeks you are. So I measured 25cm for 25 weeks! That is so bizarre to me how that works out. I forgot to take my glucose drink (OOPS), so we go back in 3 weeks and I will have to do it then. It tests for gestational diabetes.

We are so looking forward to spending the holidays with family and friends, and celebrating them with baby on board. Love,
The Fingland's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy