Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Week 26 and 27: We're Back!

We are back from blog vacation! We had a wonderful time in St. Louis with friends and family. It left us feeling refreshed and blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives and we can't wait to share the joy of Baby Fingland with them. Although we got a lot of rest on vacation, we are playing a little bit of catch up now, so I'll keep this one short using this format I saw on someone's blog.
How far along?:
27 weeks 3 days...almost to that 3rd trimester!
How big is the baby?: Eggplant, about 2 pounds
Weight gain/loss:
So far, it has been 18 pounds...YIKES. I know that is healthy for where I'm at, but it is still a little (ok, a lot) shocking to look at on the scale! It seems to just be in the chest and belly so far, so I guess I can handle that. Not sure how I am standing up without falling forward yet...
Pregnancy symptoms:
starting to get hard to sleep comfortably, tightness on sides of belly from stretching
Maternity clothes: bought 2 more pairs of pants for a total of 4 maternity pants. Hoping this will be it! Legging and long tunics. And of course some of my old pants with the bella band on, completely unzipped :)
Sleep: Starts off really good since we are doing our Bradley Method relaxation exercises at night, but hard to fall back asleep if I wake up!
Best moment this week:
Testing out 2nd stage labor positions from our Bradley Method workbook. We missed class last Wednesday, and us trying to teach ourselves the positions from the book pictures ended up putting me in tears I was laughing so hard, since half the time I would fall over. Good thing we have lots more time to practice!
Movement:
She has decided that night time is the best time for somersaults! She also kicked her big sister today. I put Bailey's paw on my belly and we were talking to her. Bailey thought it was soooo cute.
Food cravings:
homemade, healthy food after a couple days of stuffing myself with pie! Food aversions: none
Belly button in or out: outie...whoa!
What I miss:
Zipping my pants and hard core workouts. Watching Jillian on the Biggest Loser, and seeing Bryan do P90X makes me want to do Making the Cut so bad. Hopefully I feel the same way after she is born!
What I am looking forward to:
Cutting down our Christmas tree on Sunday and my birthday on Saturday
Nursery Update:
Chair and ottoman gliders are in, dresser bought but not painted, crib is in but not put together, and art projects are underway! Pictures next week!

Lots of Love,
Bryan, Katie, Bailey, and the Eggplant

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy